Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Chaos ORP MAY 14th and 15th

Here some rocks
    Attached Images Attached Images

Quote Originally Posted by rockbuggy View Post
    I had a great time, awesome place, a little wet and slippery but still fun. No breakage besides my tent which was destroyed by a wind storm while we out on the trails.
    I know, that same storm swept though here a couple hours after it hit you. Seemed to come up suddenly, hateful amount of rain and wind, and then it was gone and the sun came back out.
    Rich...
    ---
    RCPFA
    Riggory
    AutoTraker
    Central Virginia Jeepers
    Last count have 3 Jeeps. A CJ, TJ & a XJ. Also got a ChevYota.
    Gotta have a backup for the backup when you drive a Jeep.
    I Live in a Country Founded by Geniuses but Run by Idiots.
    (Clint Eastwood: “President Obama is the greatest hoax ever perpetrated on the American people,”)
    ("Get yourself a Glock and lose that nickel plated sissy pistol." U.S. Marshals (1998) - Tommy Lee Jones)
    ("People who think they know everything are a great annoyance to those of us who do." - Isaac Asimov )
    ("Roads? Where we're going, we don't need roads." — Doc Brown in Back to the Future)

I'm going to give Chaos a thumbs up. There are rocks there, the rocks are easy to get to, so it isn't hard to get a mixed group around to everywhere, and there are some good challenges amongst them. It isn't The Cove though, so there aren't any long continuous challenges like v-trail or courum, though there are several rock gardens where you can spend quite a bit of time on the multitude of lines. It has a lot of elevation change within the park, similar to AMP Hill, so atention is required on some of the trails to minimize the risk of roll. There is surprisingly little underbrush, making it easy to spot lines and trails that aren't frequently used. There are also quite a few hill climbs and sink holes that can provide entertainment.

I'll be going again for the Spring Mudfling on June 4th and 5th. https://www.facebook.com/events/136392466756530/
    John

2015 JK Unlimited Sahara (Wife's True Mall Crawler)
    2008 JK Unlimited (Wheeler/Daily Driver)
    1999 TJ (Wheeler/Driver)
    1990 SJ (Wheeler)
    1989 XJ (Plow Truck)
    1980 Scout II Traveler (Under Going SLOW full frame off Resto-Mod)
    1976 Scout II Terra (Bone Stock Driver)
    1972 Scout II (Cheap Truck)

Binder Planet

Rock Crawlers for the Presrvation of Future Access
    Central Virginia Jeepers

Just a single thumbs up and not nearly a 2 thumbs up and sure not a 4 thumbs up?
    Kind of the same I've heard about the place.
    Your link doesn't work. Maybe I'll make it up there for the Spring Mudfling although any events with the word "Mud" in them I usually stay far away from.
    Rich...
    ---
    RCPFA
    Riggory
    AutoTraker
    Central Virginia Jeepers
    (Clint Eastwood: “President Obama is the greatest hoax ever perpetrated on the American people,”)
    ("Get yourself a Glock and lose that nickel plated sissy pistol." U.S. Marshals (1998) - Tommy Lee Jones)
    ("People who think they know everything are a great annoyance to those of us who do." - Isaac Asimov )
    ("Roads? Where we're going, we don't need roads." — Doc Brown in Back to the Future)

I believe it's worth spending a weekend there, it will keep you entertained, It's not The Cove, but it sure isn't GWNF either, call it 1 and 1/2 thumbs up! (Scale is 0 to two thumbs up, cause that's all the thumbs I got!)

For the social Media Challenged;

http://chaosoffroad.com/event/spring...y-fj-bruisers/
    Last edited by Zuke; 05-17-2016 at 03:02 PM.
    John

1999 TJ (Wheeler/Driver)
    1990 SJ (Wheeler)
    1989 XJ (Plow Truck)

Binder Planet

Central Virginia Jeepers

Maybe a good outing to try out the Rubi.
    Besides it may be a good time, I get to poke fun at all the FJ cruisers. LOL

My word, did you look at those pics for the event? I've never seen so many JKs in one place at one time.
    Rich...
    ---
    RCPFA
    Riggory
    AutoTraker
    Central Virginia Jeepers

Quote Originally Posted by Autotraker View Post
    Maybe a good outing to try out the Rubi.
    If you are following us, will you be able to resist running it on the rougher rocks?

Quote Originally Posted by Autotraker View Post
    My word, did you look at those pics for the event? I've never seen so many JKs in one place at one time.
    Yup. Lots of JKs. lots of them are Bone Stock too..... (Lots weren't as well, there were just lots of them!)
    John

1999 TJ (Wheeler/Driver)
    1990 SJ (Wheeler)
    1989 XJ (Plow Truck)

Binder Planet

Central Virginia Jeepers

I would rate it between Red Cloud (easier) and AMP hill (harder). I had a lot of fun just goofing around in my XJ, open-open on 32 inch ATs, only needed to use the winch right after a rain. Less than 2 hours away from me and cheap access fee, friendly people, will go back often

Eric you need to come camp with us at The Cove, there is plenty there for you to just goof around in. I spent several years going there on 31 swampers which are only 29.5" tall, and was open/open. Also with out any kind of armor/except my gas tank skid.

Quote Originally Posted by Zuke View Post
    If you are following us, will you be able to resist running it on the rougher rocks?
    Yup. Lots of JKs. lots of them are Bone Stock too..... (Lots weren't as well, there were just lots of them!)
    No, you know of course I'm gonna bash up that little Rubi taking it to a place like that. That's why I just shouldn't even think about it.
    As soon as I finish building this TJ Rubi you know I'm gonna start thinking about doing a JK. Maybe by that time the prices will have some down and be more reasonable.
    I think I've owned at one time or another just about every model Jeep produced except for whatever the current models are. I'm usually about 10-15 years behind.
    Only one I ever bought new was my 73 CJ-5 Super Jeep and its one of the few I wish I still had.
    Rich...
    ---
    RCPFA
    Riggory
    AutoTraker
    Central Virginia Jeepers