Thread: Ecors

Default Ecors

I just wanted to let everyone know that we took our CTC rig "Butterface" to the ECORS event this past weekend to Adventure Off Road Park in TN. We had the normal radiator problems like always before the beginning of the event but after some tinkering we got it all sorted out. We had no idea what to expect when we went, what kind of course we would be running or the other rigs we would be competing against. We had a blast and actually finished second in the A Class. We plan on going to the next event in a few weeks in Harlan KY. I posted a video to YouTube titled ECORS AOP 5/30/15 if anyone wants to check it out. I didn't spend a whole lot of time editing it but it shows what the course was like.

Cool!

Quote Originally Posted by wpark013 View Post
    I just wanted to let everyone know that we took our CTC rig "Butterface" to the ECORS event this past weekend to Adventure Off Road Park in TN. We had the normal radiator problems like always before the beginning of the event but after some tinkering we got it all sorted out. We had no idea what to expect when we went, what kind of course we would be running or the other rigs we would be competing against. We had a blast and actually finished second in the A Class. We plan on going to the next event in a few weeks in Harlan KY. I posted a video to YouTube titled ECORS AOP 5/30/15 if anyone wants to check it out. I didn't spend a whole lot of time editing it but it shows what the course was like.
    Illegitimi non carborundum

I went to watch the maiden voyage of Andy Carters (ironman4x4fab)race rig a couple years back at Devils Playground? in N.C.. That was a awesome race to watch. I wish I found that sport when my body could handle a 3 hour beating.

I briefly had it in my head to run my XJ from the original CCTC event in ECORS, but the realities of my schedule made it improbable. The winner of that same event (also running an XJ) I believe went on to do some ECORS races.

My original "spec XJ" CCTC truck:

Team Hoonigan's winning truck:

Such a fun event...
    Glad you guys were able to have some fun with Butterface at ECORS! Very jealous...

Man that event was a great time!
    Illegitimi non carborundum

We thought about running our CCTC XJ in ECORS but with the hole in the engine block and all the body mods we did, it ended up being cheaper and a lot easier just to buy another XJ to race in ECORS. We ran at The Flats race a couple years ago and had planned to race more but other things ended up taking our time and money.

Here is a couple pics of us at The Flats race

New 4-banger buggy build underway...
    99 Suburban K2500 - Big Block Tow Rig
    89 XJ - Team Hoonigan Racing #199 CTC 2012 "Not Losers"

Hell yeah!
    - Tim
    Yellow LJ

YOUR A ****ING MANIAC! HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH! GREAT CLIP.
    That course is every bit as brutal as ECORS track at Devils Playground.

Yep--those NC boys (including untchabl from the post above) were having a good time that day. Tim (driving the red xj which got t-boned, taking out his ecm, btw) might not be so enamored with that part of the vid, though I laugh my ass off every time I see it

However, my favorite part of that video is my "bump" pass of the blue XJ (Rich's son, right?) while Team Hoonigan (NC guys) were trying to overtake me. This was after I nerfed the blue XJ and popped my radiatior, hence the clouds of steam.

That day gave me newfound respect for the durability of relatively stock XJ's. Most of that middle section of the course was pretty damn rough at anything beyond a crawl.