Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: National Forest Run, Memorial Day weekend

Quote Originally Posted by Zuke View Post
    Actually, maybe they have been effective enough in their harassment that they don't feel the need... It was a beautiful Sunday on a three day weekend, and I think we saw Maybe 8~10 other rigs the whole day... and didn't see a single LEO of any sort....
    No LEOs but a lot of obnoxious signs. LOL
    Yea, a friend of my brothers (and my real estate lawyer) was down there too. Probably one of the rigs you saw. Don't know what Jeep he's driving now. I sent him a message asking if he wanted to check out AIM. He's got a house down near Shoe Creek and he's not the type to do more than mall crawl but I extended the offer anyway. For him, Shoe Creek was probably hard core. LOL
    Rich...
    ---
    RCPFA
    Riggory
    AutoTraker
    Central Virginia Jeepers
    Last count have 3 Jeeps. A CJ, TJ & a XJ. Also got a ChevYota.
    Gotta have a backup for the backup when you drive a Jeep.
    I Live in a Country Founded by Geniuses but Run by Idiots.
    (Clint Eastwood: “President Obama is the greatest hoax ever perpetrated on the American people,”)
    ("Get yourself a Glock and lose that nickel plated sissy pistol." U.S. Marshals (1998) - Tommy Lee Jones)
    ("People who think they know everything are a great annoyance to those of us who do." - Isaac Asimov )
    ("Roads? Where we're going, we don't need roads." — Doc Brown in Back to the Future)

He by chance run a gold, very mildly modified CJ? Other than that, we saw one Cherocar, one Full size Bronco, One Expedition, and like 4 or 5 JKs....
    John

2015 JK Unlimited Sahara (Wife's True Mall Crawler)
    2008 JK Unlimited (Wheeler/Daily Driver)
    1999 TJ (Wheeler/Driver)
    1990 SJ (Wheeler)
    1989 XJ (Plow Truck)
    1980 Scout II Traveler (Under Going SLOW full frame off Resto-Mod)
    1976 Scout II Terra (Bone Stock Driver)
    1972 Scout II (Cheap Truck)

Binder Planet

Rock Crawlers for the Presrvation of Future Access
    Central Virginia Jeepers

Quote Originally Posted by Zuke View Post
    He by chance run a gold, very mildly modified CJ? Other than that, we saw one Cherocar, one Full size Bronco, One Expedition, and like 4 or 5 JKs....
    Could be a CJ or even a JK. He did have a old 60s vintage CJ but never could get it running well enough to do anything with. I've been trying to buy it from him for years. What he has now, I really haven't a clue. All I know right now is he recently bought it and was down Shoe Creek the same day you were. He's a lawyer which means he could easily afford a JK but probably too cheap to buy one.
    Rich...
    ---
    RCPFA
    Riggory
    AutoTraker
    Central Virginia Jeepers
    Last count have 3 Jeeps. A CJ, TJ & a XJ. Also got a ChevYota.
    Gotta have a backup for the backup when you drive a Jeep.
    I Live in a Country Founded by Geniuses but Run by Idiots.
    (Clint Eastwood: “President Obama is the greatest hoax ever perpetrated on the American people,”)
    ("Get yourself a Glock and lose that nickel plated sissy pistol." U.S. Marshals (1998) - Tommy Lee Jones)
    ("People who think they know everything are a great annoyance to those of us who do." - Isaac Asimov )
    ("Roads? Where we're going, we don't need roads." — Doc Brown in Back to the Future)

Quote Originally Posted by Autotraker View Post
    Could be a CJ or even a JK. He did have a old 60s vintage CJ but never could get it running well enough to do anything with. I've been trying to buy it from him for years. What he has now, I really haven't a clue. All I know right now is he recently bought it and was down Shoe Creek the same day you were. He's a lawyer which means he could easily afford a JK but probably too cheap to buy one.
    If it was the CJ that would've been comical. They were stuck rocking the old school bucket seats, just bouncing along the trail, smoke coming out of the tail pipe and all. Very cartoony

From the guys at Va4wda from last weekend about shoe creek....

http://t4w.proboards.com/thread/8397...da-coordinator
    1982 CJ-7 black/blue

Good info, Thanks for the link, Mike!
    John

2015 JK Unlimited Sahara (Wife's True Mall Crawler)
    2008 JK Unlimited (Wheeler/Daily Driver)
    1999 TJ (Wheeler/Driver)
    1990 SJ (Wheeler)
    1989 XJ (Plow Truck)
    1980 Scout II Traveler (Under Going SLOW full frame off Resto-Mod)
    1976 Scout II Terra (Bone Stock Driver)
    1972 Scout II (Cheap Truck)

Binder Planet

Rock Crawlers for the Presrvation of Future Access
    Central Virginia Jeepers

Is RCPFA linked with VA4WDA? This is why I originally looked for a formal club to join so that I was formally involved with the greater picture of protecting access to trails, educating myself as well as others on proper use of accessible land. I would definitely schedule my time to help with something like that. Especially to go and do what ever work is necessary to make private landowners comfortable with keeping trails open. Maybe buying, donating and maintaining trail cameras to catch and prosecute those that abuse the trails.

I am going to share that link with my facebook club. I have already been talking with the admins of that club. Southern Maryland Jeepers. about disallowing and blocking people posting requests to meet up at trails that have no official permission to wheel on, posting pictures of said illegal wheeling adventures and so on. SoMd Jeepers has loosely aligned themselves with HardRock Crawlers also. Though only a facebook club, it has grown to over 1,000 members in slightly over a year. So this link about Shoe Creek should get a lot of views.

Just shared with several different facebook pages. memberships totaling well into 20k people.