Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Sunday 5/17, Amp Hill (changed from Mother's Day)

Default Sunday 5/17, Amp Hill (changed from Mother's Day)

I'm planning on wheeling Sunday 5/17 if anyone cares to join in. Would like to meet around 9 or 9:30am.
    Last edited by uglygp; 05-02-2015 at 04:23 PM. Reason: changed from mother's day

I'm probably out for this one, i gotta get some crap fixed....
    John

2015 JK Unlimited Sahara (Wife's True Mall Crawler)
    2008 JK Unlimited (Wheeler/Daily Driver)
    1999 TJ (Wheeler/Driver)
    1990 SJ (Wheeler)
    1989 XJ (Plow Truck)
    1980 Scout II Traveler (Under Going SLOW full frame off Resto-Mod)
    1976 Scout II Terra (Bone Stock Driver)
    1972 Scout II (Cheap Truck)

Binder Planet

Rock Crawlers for the Presrvation of Future Access
    Central Virginia Jeepers

I'm a maybe. I too am tied up with broken stuff needing to be fixed and stuff waiting for upgrades.
    Worst case the XJ might stand up to one more trip before the steering box falls off the frame.
    Rich...
    ---
    RCPFA
    Riggory
    AutoTraker
    Central Virginia Jeepers
    Last count have 3 Jeeps. A CJ, TJ & a XJ. Also got a ChevYota.
    Gotta have a backup for the backup when you drive a Jeep.
    I Live in a Country Founded by Geniuses but Run by Idiots.
    (Clint Eastwood: “President Obama is the greatest hoax ever perpetrated on the American people,”)
    ("Get yourself a Glock and lose that nickel plated sissy pistol." U.S. Marshals (1998) - Tommy Lee Jones)
    ("People who think they know everything are a great annoyance to those of us who do." - Isaac Asimov )
    ("Roads? Where we're going, we don't need roads." — Doc Brown in Back to the Future)

Quote Originally Posted by Autotraker View Post
    Worst case the XJ might stand up to one more trip before the steering box falls off the frame.

http://www.boostwerksengineering.com...Brace_p_8.html
    http://www.rustysoffroad.com/rustys-...vers-side.html

As for wheeling, I also am a maybe. I would like to scout out some new trail possibilitys before the 30th...
    - Tim
    Yellow LJ

Zuk kindly pointed out that the 10th is Mother's Day...I had overlooked that. (NOW 5/17, not Mother's Day)

Having said that, I'm quite certain Mom know's my love is not limited to Mother's Day, so I'm still game. If it looks like I'll be wheeling by myself, I'd be willing to reschedule for the next Sunday.

Any thoughts?
    Last edited by uglygp; 05-02-2015 at 04:23 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by uglygp View Post
    Zuk kindly pointed out that the 10th is Mother's Day...I had overlooked that.
    Thanks for reminding me. I do have to go by the cemetery and maybe have breakfast with my dad but that shouldn't stop me from wheeling. LOL
    Tim, thanks for those links but my real problem is the box is loose internally. Yea, I'll just plate the frame with 1/4" inside and out while I have the box out and that will prevent the frame cracking that XJ's are know for. Its really finding the time to get it done.
    I really want to go hydro assist but my wheeling funds are tight right now with the other "expenses" I've incurred.
    Rich...
    ---
    RCPFA
    Riggory
    AutoTraker
    Central Virginia Jeepers
    (Clint Eastwood: “President Obama is the greatest hoax ever perpetrated on the American people,”)
    ("Get yourself a Glock and lose that nickel plated sissy pistol." U.S. Marshals (1998) - Tommy Lee Jones)
    ("People who think they know everything are a great annoyance to those of us who do." - Isaac Asimov )
    ("Roads? Where we're going, we don't need roads." — Doc Brown in Back to the Future)

I can do the following weekend, but mothers day is a no go for me.

Alright, let's scrub 5/10 and reschedule for Sunday 5/17. I'll edit the thread title.

Jay can you do the 17th instead?
    I think you'll have a greater chance of people actually turning out if it isn't mother's day.
    Plus I know I'll have the ChevYota back together again by then.
    Rich...
    ---
    RCPFA
    Riggory
    AutoTraker
    Central Virginia Jeepers

Quote Originally Posted by Autotraker View Post
    Jay can you do the 17th instead?
    I think you'll have a greater chance of people actually turning out if it isn't mother's day.
    Plus I know I'll have the ChevYota back together again by then.
    Beat you to it Rich, by ONE WHOLE MINUTE!